3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp cornflour
8 tbsp sugar
4 cups milk
1 1/2 cups cream
2 tbsp sweetened whipped cream (chilled)
3 tsp gelatine
6 cherries (glaced, blanched, canned, fresh, any) Method
- Put 3 tbsp water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatine over it.
- Do not stir. Keep aside.
- Mix coco and cornflour in 1/2 cup milk.
- Boil remaining milk with sugar, for 5 minutes.
- Add cocoa paste gradually, stirring continuously.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes. Cool a little.
- Warm the soaked gelatine over very low flame, stirring. Do not boil.
- Mix into the milk and stir. Chill till thick but not set.
- Beat with hand beater till smooth. Gently mix in cream.
- Pour in individual mousse cups. Set in freezer.
- Once set transfer to fridge compartment.
- 15 minutes prior to serving, ice a swirl of whipped cream on each with an icing gun.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cocoa powder. Top with a cherry.
- Transfer to freezer.
Making time: 45 minutes (excluding setting time)
Shelflife: 1 day