112 1/2 g Chick peas (dried) or
300 g Chick peas (canned)
7 1/2 ml Lemon juice
Ground Black Pepper
2 1/2 ml Oil
125 g Mushrooms
12 1/2 g margerine
12 1/2 g Wholemeal flour
150 ml Water
12 1/2 g cheese
12 1/2 g Breadcrumbs
Notes: Either Butter Beans or Chick Peas can be used in this recipe.
Preparation: Slice the mushrooms and grate the cheese.
Soak the dried chickp peas/butter beans as instructed on the packet.Drain, and cook in a pan of unsalted boiling water fgor 40-50 minutes or until tender. If using canned beans, just drain.
1. Put the beans in a large greased ovenproof dish.
2. Add the lemon juice and black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms, then add to the dish.
4. Heat the margarine in a non-stick saucepan and add the flour.
5. Cook for 2 minutes over a low heat, stirring, then slowly add the water to make a puring sauce.
6. Pour over the chick peas/butter beans and mushrooms.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
8. Cook in the oven at 180C/350F/GM4 for 25 minutes.