Nutritional value of tomato soup: it contains about 3.5 gram proteins, 23.7-gram carbohydrates, 8.3-gram fats and 180 calories.
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 150g tomatoes
- 1small onion
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk (or boil milk twice and cream it off)
- 1 cup water/stock
- Salt/ pepper
- 1 teaspoon (10g) white butter
- Take a pan and put half the butter in it for heating purpose.
- Put the chopped onion and tomato in the pan and fry them for about 5 minutes.
- Add some water or stock to it and simmer the vegetables for 15 – 20 minutes, until it softens.
- Take a blender and put the mixture in it for the purpose of liquidizing. Now strain the soup mixture.
- Pour the left out butter into the pan and heat it. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the fire and add milk to it. Now put the mixture on heat again. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- Whisk the tomato puree into the white sauce. Heat to the serving temperature.